In the fall of 2020, Nolop is closed to everyone beyond the 14 staff members who work there. If you need something 3D printed, here is how you go about it:
- Be someone with a Tufts ID.
- Create an .STL file that models the part you want printed.
- Connect your computer to the Medford/Somerville campus network either via Tufts_Wireless, Tufts_Secure, or a VPN from home.
- Go to the #3dp channel at https://nolop.slack.com. (You will be asked to create an account if you don’t have one, and if you use your Tufts email, you will be auto-approved.)
- Post something like, “Hi, I have a model to print.”
- Someone on duty at Nolop will post something like, “Sure, P1 is open. I just removed the last print from it.” Working hours for our staff are posted here: http://nolop.org/hours/
- Go to https://p1.nolop.org and upload your print (or P2, or P3, or whatever, depending on which printer you are told is open).
- Check back in at #3dp, and we’ll let you know if it looks like the print is working.
- When the print is done, stop by the pickup table outside Nolop in the SEC. Take your print; feel glee.