In the fall of 2020, Nolop is closed to everyone beyond the 14 staff members who work there. If you need something laser cut, here is how you go about it.
- Create a file that can be laser cut, like a .DXF or .AI file.
- Go to the #laser channel at https://nolop.slack.com. (You will be asked to create an account if you don’t have one, and if you use your Tufts email, you will be auto-approved.)
- Post something like, “Hi, I have something I need laser cut.”
- Someone on duty at Nolop will post something like, “Sure, upload your file. We can probably get to it tonight or tomorrow morning.”
- Pay for material via Venmo. Materials list is available at https://nolop.org/store
- Check back in at #laser, and we’ll let you know if there are problems. When everything is done, we’ll email you to let you know, or you can just check the Slack channel.
- When the laser cutting is done, stop by the pickup table outside Nolop in the SEC. Take your new thing; feel glee.