In the fall of 2020, Nolop is closed to everyone beyond the 14 staff members who work there. If you need something soldered, here is how you go about it.
Special note: if you are a professor who wants a set of 25 parts soldered for a class, please check in with Brandon Stafford, who runs Nolop, before just sending a swarm of students at us. We’ll do the best we can, but no guarantees.
- Gather the parts you want soldered together and put them in a bag with your email address on it. If there are tricky details, include a polite note explaining those details.
- Go to the #soldering channel at https://nolop.slack.com. (You will be asked to create an account if you don’t have one, and if you use your Tufts email, you will be auto-approved.)
- Post something like, “Hi, I have something I need soldered.”
- Someone on duty at Nolop will post something like, “Sure, drop it on the table. We can probably get to it tonight or tomorrow morning.”
- Check back in at #soldering, and we’ll let you know if there are problems. When everything is done, we’ll email you to let you know, or you can just check the Slack channel.
- When the soldering is done, stop by the pickup table outside Nolop in the SEC. Take your new device; feel glee.